Do you know that hemp is one of the oldest fibers in the world? Our ancestors knew it, appreciated it, and exploited the benefits of this fiber to the fullest. About 80% of clothes, bedding, sails, etc. were made from hemp at the beginning of the 19th century.
Due to the industrialization of cotton and boomed production of synthetic fiber hemp was forgotten, but we believe it is time to bring this fiber back into the game. This unique fiber can make all the difference to your wardrobe and the environment. Hemp fiber has many benefits, check out a few of them:
- 4 times warmer, absorbs moisture 4 times faster, and is more than 4 times stronger in comparison to cotton;
- Antibacterial, does not absorb odor, deters moths;
- Protects from the UV rays, shows better fireproof properties than any other natural fabric;
- Comfortable in both hot and cold weather:
- Research shows that fabrics containing at least 30% of hemp fiber have moisture management that is 30-45% better than that of polyester;
- Provides warmth when it’s cold, but does not overheat the skin like wool does when it’s warm;
- A very light, breathing skin feeling while wearing the garments.